Wondering Thoughts of a USMC Veteran

WARNING: This Blog contains the thoughts of a veteran of the United States Marine Corps. Anyone who chooses to read the contents of this Blog does so at their own risk. Visitors to this Blog will keep in mind the following: "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Monday, November 07, 2005

Thanks

To all who comment on my blog, thank you. I think it’s cool to have people visit and leave thoughts behind. I do require verification of humanity to leave a comment, but that’s just to keep the machines from hacking in and crapping all over my blog. If you wonder what I mean, look back a couple of months and check out some of the comments. People set up their computer to go around leaving comments on people’s blogs to get attention. Usually they aren’t worth the time. Therefore you must word-verify to comment.

This morning was the coldest yet. It was single digits when I left for school. It’s been getting into the negatives late at night. This was the first morning the Jeep was sluggish in starting. I decided it was high time to dig out the cord for the block heater. The Jeep came with a block heater installed, but the cord has been tied up to the firewall, and needed to be run out the grille. Turns out the geniuses at Jeep make the damn cord too short to reach the grille. Some zip-ties and a short extension cord fixed that problem.

Zip ties are wonderful things. They can do almost anything. We even used them for handcuffs in the Marines.

I’m as behind as usual. Actually more than usual, I missed a deadline for homework today. I hope the professor doesn’t take too much off for lateness. He seems pretty laid back; I think it won’t be too bad.

I registered for next semester last night. I may have been jumping the gun registering for Calc II. I need a C in Calc I before I can move on. I’m sitting at a high C now. I think I can pull off a C, I’m hoping for a B. At any rate I’m signed up for 14 credit hours this time. I’ve been doing 18 this semester, so it’s one less class.

I’m taking a beginning swimming class. I don’t know that I’m a beginner, but, since I haven’t taken classes before, I figured it was a good place to start. I need to get the whole swimming thing down. I can get across the pool, but it’s not pretty. I think it’s mostly a confidence thing, once I build my confidence back up I think I’ll be fine.

We lost the Co-ed game tonight. It was 2-0. They shouldn’t have shut us out. We just couldn’t get any offense going, and the puck was in our end most of the night. It made for a busy game for me. I’m looking forward to Wednesday. The club team is playing the only team that has beaten us this season. I wasn’t in net for that loss. It was the first game of the season, and I guess our guys just broke down defensively. It will be a different game this time. I’ll let ya know how it goes.

Brandon

4 Comments:

At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck during your Wednesday ice hockey game.

No problem with the verification. Too much spam otherwise.

People leave comments on your blog because you are a very nice guy. You have lots of online buds.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brandon,

Did you get to see Jarhead (it just opened last weekend)? Was wondering if you thought the Marines portrayed were the real deal, or just Hollywood? Is it really true that Marines brand each other like the movie showed (hard for civilians to believe)?

Thanks for your service.

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please provide a mailing address so your fans can mail you Christmas cards and presents.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger alaskavetusmc said...

Thanks for the comments. I did see Jarhead, and I am going to write about it in an upcoming post. Don't let me forget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits