Wondering Thoughts of a USMC Veteran

WARNING: This Blog contains the thoughts of a veteran of the United States Marine Corps. Anyone who chooses to read the contents of this Blog does so at their own risk. Visitors to this Blog will keep in mind the following: "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Monday, December 05, 2005

The semester is almost over.

I can't believe it. Finals are this week and next. I actually have a final tomorrow. Two really, one written and one practical. Tomorrow morning will be my writing final, I don't know what it will be over really. The quizzes she's given have not been over the stuff she lectures on, they come from the book. Since I haven't read any of the book, that's a problem.

I'm still here, by the way. It's been a little while since I've posted. It's been a little busy around here. I didn't even get my story assignment in for last week. It was the last issue of the paper for this semester. I'll put a link up when I have time.

Has everyone seen Jarhead? I still need to finish my little review of it. I also have a couple of rants I need to get out of my system. I'm a little worked up over the reaction of my fellow students over a pro-life insert in the paper. The bastards at the radio station referred to the pro-life movement as the anti-choice movement. I guess that makes them the pro-killing-babies-movement. At least they're concerned about the poor little whales. Imagine a vet. giving a whale an abortion, these people would flip.

Got to change the subject before I get stuck here ranting for hours. Actually, I should be going to study. My loving girlfried is reading over my shoulder.


Brandon

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your finals. But how can you be passing Writing if she is testing from a book you have not read?

Still want to hear the rest of your view on Jarhead. I want to buy the DVD when it comes out.

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on finals!

Any plans over the break?

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger alaskavetusmc said...

My position on abortion is not religiously motivated. I'm not trying to keep anyone from burning in hell, because right now I don't care if they do. I'm interested in protecting innocent life, that's the reason I joined the Marines, that the reason I became an EMT, that is what motivates me.

I have yet to hear a convincing argument that life starts at some point months after conception. Once concieved, the life has begun. Without some kind of intervention, that life will grow into a person. I want to make sure there is no intervention that stops that growth.

What's religious about that? It's common sense. Any child can tell you that breaking an egg with an embryo inside kills the baby bird.

If I don't stand up to protect life, who will? Anyone who stands on the sidelines of this issue, allowing abortion to continue because they believe it should be an individual choice, is allowing life to be destroyed.

Branodn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits