Wondering Thoughts of a USMC Veteran

WARNING: This Blog contains the thoughts of a veteran of the United States Marine Corps. Anyone who chooses to read the contents of this Blog does so at their own risk. Visitors to this Blog will keep in mind the following: "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Holy Crap It's Been a While!

The school year is almost over already. Classes are winding down, and I am starting to think about moving out. The place that I have been staying in will not be available next year, so I have to make other arrangements. I am debating moving into a smaller place across the street, or moving into the dorms. I have decided to apply for a position as a resident advisor at the dorms, which would get me free housing and food for the school year.

I made it into the reserve unit I had been wanting to join. I have drilled with them twice so far. I went into the unit having been told it would be changing from a recon unit to a anti-terrorism unit. Turns out an anti-terrorism unit has recently been disbanded, so the future of the unit is uncertain. Right now my billet in the unit is "Recon Man." This means that I am part of a recon team and have been training as a Recon Marine.

This has been interesting, to say the least. The first drill I went to, we went to the field. I was wholly unprepared for the below zero temps, and thought I was going to freeze to death. Somehow I made it through, and gained a new appreciation for the cold. I will not underestimate the extreme cold of Alaska again.

I am sitting in my graphics class writing this, so I should probably get myself back to work. I'll be more regular now, especially once school ends and I am back at work.

Brandon

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hearing from you again. You would make an awesome RA, good luck with that.

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any plans for the summer?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits