Wondering Thoughts of a USMC Veteran

WARNING: This Blog contains the thoughts of a veteran of the United States Marine Corps. Anyone who chooses to read the contents of this Blog does so at their own risk. Visitors to this Blog will keep in mind the following: "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Dragging at Work

It’s my birthday today. No big deal, I’ve had enough to where they are no longer that special. So it doesn’t bother me that much to be at work on my birthday. Except that today is a Saturday. Obviously, my birthday doesn’t fall on a Saturday every year. It would be a nice day to have off for an extended celebration with my friends. It would also be nice to be off tomorrow, to sleep off any hangover I might acquire. But that is not the case this year.

At least I am here in the US. The situation could be much worse. Although I’ve always enjoyed celebrating special occasions, like birthdays, with Marines. I guess it’s the brotherhood that makes Marine Corps celebrations so great. I don’t have that sense of brotherhood with my civilian counterparts.

The plan this evening is to go to my favorite Mexican restaurant with some family. It should be a good time. I hope to be able to go out after dinner, but I’m not sure whom with.

Last night I went to the late showing of Superman in Eagle River. Eagle River is about half and hour to 45 minutes from Wasilla. The cinema in Eagle River is much better than the one in Wasilla.

The movie was all right. It does bother me that the idiots in Hollywood would change “Truth, Justice, and the American Way,” to “Truth, Justice, and all that stuff.” The context of the line is not offensive, but the motivation behind the change is disturbing. True Americans would not care if “the American Way” were an unpopular phrase among foreign countries. I don’t give a damn what any other country thinks of the US.

Anyway, for the most part I really liked the movie. I’ve never been a big Superman fan, I haven’t seen most of the movies, but I did like this movie. It’s fun to get lost in a fantasy story sometimes.


Brandon

1 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday...
___________________

Vince

Your movies on demand

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits