Wondering Thoughts of a USMC Veteran

WARNING: This Blog contains the thoughts of a veteran of the United States Marine Corps. Anyone who chooses to read the contents of this Blog does so at their own risk. Visitors to this Blog will keep in mind the following: "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Arizona Republic is a Disgrace

I found this on the blog Grim's Hall. It ran in the Arizona Republic, and there is a link on Grim's blog for sending letters to the disgusting rag. Below is the letter that I sent them. It was a test to not express my feelings further. I'll post a link to Grim's blog so that anyone who passes can express their feelings to the Arizona Republic.



I just saw the cartoon you ran of the Marine Corps Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. Your lack of judgment in publishing such an offensive and un-American cartoon is reprehensible. I spent four years of my life in service to the institution you mock. I gave my blood, sweat, and tears in honorably defending the freedom that you take for granted. Is this how I am rewarded? To have a sniveling coward spit in my face. The emblem that you have chosen to disgrace is the same emblem my late grandfather served under. He answered the call to arms during the Korean War, and continued to serve for sixteen years. He was an honorable man, who was as proud of his service as I am of mine. Now you have disgraced the institution that we hold dear. You have taken the symbol of this Nation’s most elite fighting force and pissed all over it to serve your own anti-American interests. The Marines that stand guard over your freedom today do so on the shoulders of those that have served before them. It is the courage and unwavering discipline of our predecessors that drives us to charge ahead in the face of adversity. It is this legacy that you have disgraced. I would not expect a publication of such low moral courage to understand the meaning of the words honor or discipline, so my attempts to describe the impact of your mindless actions are no doubt in vain. You have shown the bias of your publication, and I’m sure the patriots of your community will forever remember the disgrace that you have brought them.

Brandon

Update: Here is the email for the cock sucker who drew the cartoon; his name is Steve Benson. steve.benson@arizonarepublic.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits