Wondering Thoughts of a USMC Veteran

WARNING: This Blog contains the thoughts of a veteran of the United States Marine Corps. Anyone who chooses to read the contents of this Blog does so at their own risk. Visitors to this Blog will keep in mind the following: "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Monday, June 19, 2006

Back at Work

I’m back to work again. It’s fire season in Alaska, and I’m back to dispatching. The fire season started out well, we had a couple of big fires. Now things have calmed, and slowed down. It’s actually been boring at work for the last few days.

The reserves schedule proved too taxing. They wanted some prime workdays this summer for annual training. I decided not to continue training with them, and turned in my gear the other day. It will be good to keep me less busy during the school year.

I have been putting time and money into my Jeep. I just installed a two-inch spacer lift the other day, and I have a body lift to install on my next days off. Once I get the lifts on, I can order the 33” tires for it.

I’ve done some other mods as well. I‘ve got a winch, and custom bumpers. I hope to post some pictures, but I need to find the cable for my camera. Good thing I have a big memory card in my camera, otherwise I would be out of luck.


I’d better run along, I’ll write more later on.

Brandon

4 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With a lift kit , you can do more adjustments to your vehicle. There are jeeplift kits for truck and jeeplift kits for rv . You can put bigger tires on it for unpaved road adventures

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winches are extremely useful whether it is recovering you from a small ditch, or a 200 metre long mud hole. Sometimes having good off road tires are not enough to drive to hard and muddy terrain.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This action proof to be a win, win situation. This is a true art work, which will be a success story. A very smart and diplomatic answer. It’s really appreciable and general. I like this particular article It gives me an additional input on the information around the world Thanks a lot and keep going with posting such information.
======================
http://www.lawyersoft.net

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous utah security systems said...

He inspired me to be more motivated and focused to what i do best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits